December 2, 2009

Our NOT so Traditional Thanksgiving



We had a great time on Thanksgiving even though we didn't have any turkey or pie. We packed a lunch and headed to the beach. Our first stop of course was at the Pilot station. Oh and how lucky I have pictures to share of that adventure.

In the last five years of marriage we only have a few of our own traditions and one is that every Thanksgiving we walk to a quickie mart in the morning and we have corn dogs and Mt Dew. This year we unfortunately were not hungry yet so we skipped the dogs and just enjoyed the soda. I did take a picture because they were looking pretty tasty! Actually corn dogs are always pretty nasty in my opinion. But that doesn't stop me from eating the occasional dog. I have to take that back because Paul (Jakes brother) makes a pretty fantastic corn dog. I cant believe how long I can talk about corn dogs!

Here is the tunnel that goes under water that we had to drive through. Apparently I have a slight phobia of tunnels that go under water! Just thinking back to it makes me tense!


This was our first time going to the beach since we have been here. The sun was out and it was pretty warm. It felt weird to have the sun behind us. Jake surfed and I took pictures of him surfing. I know everyone was wondering where he got that awesome wood board. Well he made it! He is so talented!


This sign just cracks me up. These signs were all up and down the main street.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great sign! We don't have nearly enough weird signs in the US!

    ReplyDelete